Social Media Risk assessment, Reputation Management and Crisis Aversion for online Communities : Social Remediation by Peter Sutton
- : Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Professor Peter Sutton - Social Media Consultant and Educator
An Ounce of Prevention - Peter Sutton : Social media expert consultant, public speaker and educator discusses issues surrounding the risks of social media exposure, how to manage a social media crisis and how to repair damaged reputations when social media goes wrong.
Social Remediation as a guide book, offers advice on how you can - as teachers and educational professionals, assess your school communities vulnerabilities to Risk from potential social media crisis.
Every community is a dynamic and unique entity, what works for one will not work for another. But there are common elements shared by all social media engagement. We can all learn something from the experiences of others, assess what we have to work with and take our turn successfully launching our community into online social media platforms.
Social Remediation - Working with your schools social media team, it`s simple to create guidelines tailored to your school which will reflect and protect without restricting or limiting the benefits - Peter Sutton.
Social Media expert and public speaker, Professor Peter Sutton takes your staff through discussions that enable them to understand how social media technologies affect the way students and social media audience communicate, interact and engage with each other and the wider community, spreading understanding and tolerance within the local community.
In discussions Peter will take your staff through ...
- * Social Media Security for IT Directors
- Trolls, bullying, "sexting", and the glorification of sex and violence… these are, unfortunately, all relatively normal behaviours in youth culture in Australia today. However, these behaviours have no place on school social media, and can be damaging to other students. IT directors should ensure that a strict security policy is in place, and it may be advantageous for teachers to work with a social media security consultant to look at ways to transform negative behaviours into positive energies, such as setting up supportive discussion forums to provide an alternative outlet for pent-up feelings and emotions.
- * Social Media Reputation Management for School Boards
- Social media branding is one of the most effective ways to improve online presence and boost brand awareness, but there are two sides to the coin. The greater the audience that you reach, the faster bad news spreads. Reports show that it takes 12 positive experiences to make up for a single negative experience, so social media monitoring is essential to ensure you`re always delivering the intended message. Social media training for educators is vital, encouraging real time interactions, reinforcing positive attitudes, and highlighting the importance of being proactive to protect the school`s reputation.
- * Social Media Crisis Management for School Principals
- Social Remediation looks at real world examples of those who have got it right – and those who have got it wrong – examining the steps that were taken that either directly influenced success, or ultimately lead to a social media crisis.
Plan for a crisis; work with a talented social media crisis consultant for schools, ensure crisis management does not fall solely upon one team member, encourage all departments to work together, and, most importantly, be honest with your audience. If your team have contributed to a crisis, own up to it, don`t try and place the blame on someone else. Own your mistakes.
Read on to find out more about Social Remediation ...
- Terms relevant to this story ...
- Social Media Consulting
- Social Media Consulting in Melbourne, Sydney and South East Asia
- for Social Media communities
- Social Media for communities and groups
- Social Media for teachers, educators and school principals
- Social Media for schools
- Social Media for schools in Melbourne, Sydney and South East Asia