Social Remediation by Professor Peter Sutton `The Social Media Sociologist` - named in Educator Magazine Hot List for 2016.
- : Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Professor Peter Sutton - The Social Media Sociologist, Social Media Consultant and educator
Peter Sutton - The Social Media Sociologist`, expert social media consultant and educator believes in getting the benefits out of social media tools for education and learning.
Social Remediation is a guide book offering an excellent training for professional educators, helping them to come to grip with the tools of social media online platforms.
Schools serve a primary function in most societies of the western world, consequently it is our responsibility to build schools into positive online role models for future generations. It is essential in today`s fast paced world that educators keep up to speed with the latest techniques to get the maximum educational benefits from social media tools.
That social media tools when accessed in a classroom or educational context are being used for educational purposes has been born out by many studies and research papers by educational assessment boards.
Social Media Communications for the online Community : Social Remediation by Peter Sutton
- : Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Professor Peter Sutton - The Social Media Sociologist, Social Media Consultant and educator.
Peter Sutton - Social media expert, consultant and educator talks about benefits and pit-falls of online communications in a Social Media context for school communities. Not only school communities can benefit from this succinct research driven social media sociology and psychology exposé, but professional associations, organisation and departmental leaders looking to leverage the positive aspects of social media, can gain a practical understanding of the psychological and sociological aspects that drive social media.
Social Remediation is a guide book offering a fresh perspective on social media in a school community or organisation/departmental context where social media serves for positive social role modelling.
Schools serve a primary function in most societies of the western world, consequently it is our responsibility to build schools into positive online role models for future generations.
Social Remediation : managing the communication chaos of social media into something authentic and meaningful ...
In a step by step guide Peter Sutton discusses what it takes to make a durable, stable and satisfying Social Media community. Speaking primarily to educators, teachers, school principals and leaders of any community or social group with online aspirations.
Professor Peter Sutton takes real life examples and looks at where social media communities are succeeding or failing. Examining the challenges that each school or organisation will likely face, through real world examples we look at some interesting and creative solutions to a `crisis of communication` in online social media environments.
Social Media Identity - Branding and Authentic Representation
So many schools and organisations, with the best of intent, make the effort to take their discussion online. Only to find they are unprepared and over exposed. Suddenly they find themselves reacting out of fear and at risk of exposure.
Peter provides many case studies that help you asses the level of your risk of exposure, with examples and case studies that show likely scenarios and how they were successfully managed on various social media platforms.
Social Remediation focuses on achieving the positive benefits of social media by promoting an understanding of the social media medium itself, removing anxiety from circumstances that can be then be appropriately responded to.
Social Remediation is a Guide book to running a successful social media community online
Once your social media team understands the how your school community is at risk they can confidently manage communications to effectively deal with any issues that require attention or sort out challenging elements from the discussion. Understanding the risks of exposure and how exposure can occur minimises the possibility of anyone speaking off-hand, `out of turn` or something going horribly wrong.
Setting your Social Media Digital Policy and Guidelines for online social media conduct solidifies aspects of your online identity which reinforces your brand and helps to define what areas are open for discussion and which are not appropriate for a public social media platform. Taking the heat from a situation is what allows discussion to flow, which is a sure road to resolution of conflict within the social media landscape.
Social Remediation as a guide helps with getting Your School Community Safely Online with Social Media Technologies
Despite what you may have heard about the use of social media in schools, reports show that more than half of all students who access social media in the classroom do so primarily to talk about educational topics.
As a social media consultant and public speaker, Peter set up a training program that will successfully guide your teaching staff and social media team to operate a productive social media community that will be a well matched to your school program. Peter can help with ...
- * Social Media Policies for Headmasters
- There`s no "one size fits all" when it comes to social media learning and education, and what works for one establishment or institution may not work for another. Social Remediation provides a guide for creating social media communities online, social media strategy consultant Peter Sutton guides schools through creating their own unique policies that take into account personalities, messages, aims, and what it is that each school hopes to achieve through migrating to social media. There may be some trial and error required, but all guidelines should be born from common sense.
- * The Benefits of Social Media Migration
- There are, of course, many benefits to migrating your learning community to social media, but how can you be sure that your efforts are succeeding in creating a supportive educational space? For schools, success criteria will vary, but focus on vanity metrics (likes, favourites, shares, for example), interest and enquiries about the institution, student satisfaction and test outcomes, website traffic, and staff workload. Ideally, a good social media community migration should lessen the load for teachers and educators, enabling the fast and efficient sharing of information through a single online platform.
- * Social Media Branding for Schools, Universities, Organisations and Departments and professional associations.
- In the digital age, it is becoming increasingly important for organisations and professional associations, including private schools and universities, to develop and maintain a strong online presence.
Demonstrating authenticity is one of the most effective forms of branding, although it`s rarely seen. Working with a social media branding consultant, you can quickly and easily identify the best methods of representing your institution, your staff, and your students through your chosen social media platform. To facilitate consistency, it is advised that schools look back to other forms of branding to ensure they`re delivering a similar message via social media.
- * Social Media Training for Educators
- A social media training consultant can help you to select the most valuable staff members to be a part of your social media team, as well as ensuring this team have everything they need to facilitate the creation of a supportive online community for staff, students, parents, and interested parties. Social media training for teachers covers everything from writing up enticing profiles and encouraging interaction between users, to gaining a better understanding of what constitutes a successful post, and managing access to content. The aim of social media training is to boost confidence in creating a successful social media community in an online environment.
Read on to find out more ...
- Terms relevant to this story ...
- Social Media Consulting
- Social Media Consulting in Melbourne, Sydney and South East Asia
- for Social Media communities
- Social Media for communities and groups
- Social Media for teachers, educators and school principals
- Social Media for schools
- Social Media for schools in Melbourne, Sydney and South East Asia